Scholarships are available for pursuing a research program Summer Research Scholarship Program at Kennan Institute and are supported by the Program for Research and Training on Eastern Europe and the IndependentStates of the former Soviet Union (Title VIII) of the U.S. Department of State. The provider is WoodrowWilsonInternationalCenter and the offer is open to students of the USA. The benefit can be taken at USA.
- About the eligibility:-
Scholars who conduct research in the social sciences or humanities focusing on the former Soviet Union (excluding the Baltic States), and who demonstrate a particular need to utilize the library, archival, and other specialized resources of the Washington, D.C. area can apply for the new Summer Research Scholarships. The summer grants must be used between May-September 2013, and grant applicants are required to hold an MA degree or higher.
- About the nationality:-
The students of the USA can submit an application for these scholarships.
- About the awards:-
- Scholarships are offered for 62 days.
- The Summer Research Scholarships will provide a stipend of $6400 for 62 days ($103.22/day).
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- Applicants are required to submit a concise description (700-800 words) of his or her research project, curriculum vitae, a statement on preferred dates of residence in Washington, D.C., and two letters of recommendation specifically in support of the research to be conducted at the Institute. All of these materials may be submitted via e-mail except for the letters of recommendation. The letters should be sent, with signature, either by fax or post. Applicants should also note their citizenship in their materials. Applications should be submitted in clear dark type, printed on one side only, without staples.
- The application deadline is December 1, 2013.