The United States Department of Agriculture –Foreign Agricultural Service (USDA-FAS) and USAID-Mozambique is providing scholarship which is for pursuing MSc/PhD degree level at the University of Arizona (Tucson) in aflatoxin and aflatoxin biocontrol research. The postgraduate assistant ship is of three years which covers stipend and university fees and airfare. Women applicants are encouraged to apply. To be taken by the Applicants of Mozambique at USA.
- About the eligibility:-
Applicants must: – Preferably be less than 35 years of age – Possess a BSc/MSc in Plant Pathology, Mycology, Plant Disease Epidemiology, Crop Science, Soil Microbiology, Food Science (including Food Microbiology, Food Technology, Food Nutrition, etc.), Agricultural Sciences, or equivalent degree.
-Highly qualified students with other relevant training/experience will also be considered.
– Satisfy the admissions requirement of the University of Arizona-Tucson, including English Language proficiency and critical thinking, i.e. clear both TOEFL and GRE Tests
– Preferably have a position in Mozambique as an agricultural research scientist in a national agricultural research institution, the Ministry of Health (Department of Nutrition) or NGO, or as a University lecturer
– Take formal study leave if appropriate from their employers and provide evidence of future reintegration into their current place of work to support research and development activities on aflatoxins
– Have strong quantitative and communication skills and a strong work ethic in the N2Africa project countries.
– Be a national of and residing in Mozambique
- About the nationality:-
Applicants of Mozambique are qualified for this MSc/PhD Scholarship.
- About the awards:-
- The successful candidate would be offered an assistantship for each of the three years.
- The successful candidate would be offered an assistantship for each of the three years that will include stipend and university fees (tuition, book allowance, insurance, and other university expenses). IITA will also be responsible for purchasing airfare ticket from Mozambique to Tucson and a return airfare ticket from Tucson to Mozambique at the end of studies.
- Candidates will be selected on a competitive basis, i.e. relevant qualifications and academic excellence.
- Only selected candidates will be notified for a pre-interview. All applications will be acknowledged, but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
Applications should only be submitted electronically to Ms. Gersonia Catine (IITA-Mozambique Administrative Manager) at G.Catine-at-cgiar.org.
The deadline for applications is 31 August 2013.