This grant had been offered with a view of providing an optimal environment for disciplinary research and the promotion of junior academics in the field of ancient studies. The applications are invited by the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich. This fellowship is for pursuing PhD research and the provider is German Excellence Initiative. The number of the grants is ten offered for the duration of two years; they may be extended by a third year. It is offered to German applicants and obtainable at Germany.
- About the eligibility:-
In order to apply, candidates will need to have completed a first degree (with thesis) in the field of ancient studies with outstanding results. Applicants will need to submit a proposal for a dissertation project.
-They should demonstrate their openness towards working in an interdisciplinary context as well as an interest in basic and theoretical questions.
-The School offers the scope for individual academic development and an inspiring research environment.
-Applicants with disabilities possessing essentially equal qualifications will be given preference.
-LMU Munich is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
- About the nationality:-
German applicants can submit an application for this PhD fellowship.
- About the awards:-
- The fellowship is oriented towards one of the seven focus areas below:
- Constructions of norms
- Constructions of elites
- Constructions of the “beautiful”
- Organization of coexistence
- Organization of exchange
- Organization of dealing with dissent
- Organization of memory and forgetting.
- 10 Doctoral-Positions fellowships will be offered.
- The positions are limited to two years; they may be extended by a third year. The starting date will be April 1, 2014.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- The mode of applying is electronically.
- The deadline for applications is January 6, 2014.
For detailed information about the application and the scholarships please visit the link