PhD Dissertation Completion Fellowship program is for pursuing doctoral dissertation and supports dissertations and research on peace, security and development topics in Africa. It is subsidized by Carnegie Corporation of New York. Fellows must have a faculty position at an accredited college or university in Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda and willing to attend two workshops sponsored by the SSRC each year. Open to Citizens of and reside in a sub-Saharan African and can be taken at Africa.
- About the eligibility:-
All applicants must be citizens of and reside in a sub-Saharan African country while holding a current faculty position at an accredited college or university in Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda.
-Applicants for any of the funding opportunities offered through this program must have a master’s degree and be working toward completion of the doctoral degree.
-The program seeks to promote diversity and encourages women to apply.
-To be eligible for the US$15,000 dissertation completion fellowship, applicants must be in the final year of writing and have completed at least one dissertation chapter.
- About the nationality:-
Citizens of and reside in a sub-Saharan African country while holding a current faculty position at an accredited college or university in Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania or Uganda are eligible for this PhD fellowship.
- About the awards:-
- Approximately 45 fellowships in total each year are awarded.
- The doctoral dissertation completion fellowship supports a one-year leave from teaching responsibilities and a stipend up to US$15,000 to permit the completion of a dissertation that advances research on peace, security and development topics.
- Strong proposals will offer clear and concise descriptions of the project and its significance. Proposals should display a thorough knowledge of the relevant social science literature that applicants will engage and the methodologies relevant to the project. In addition, applicants must demonstrate that all proposed activities are feasible and can be completed in a timely manner. All proposals will be evaluated for these criteria by an independent, international committee of leading scholars from a range of social science disciplines.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- The mode of applying is online.
- The deadline for applications is December 1st 2013.