ASEM-DUO Fellowship Progamme is offered for exchanges of professors and students in tertiary education field between Asia and Europe under ASEM domain. The areas of exchange may include but not limited to these priority areas: Alternative Energy, Biotechnology/Food Technology, Health Sciences, Wood Technology, Information and Communication Technology, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Engineering, European Law, Intellectual Property Law and Energy Economics. The fellowship is for undergraduate or graduate students available for 1 semester but not longer than 4 months. Further it open to nationals of Thailand and can be taken at these places:-
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and UK ( for Thai students) and Thailand (for EU students).
- About the eligibility:-
-Thai students: 1.Being an undergraduate or graduate student in Thai public and private higher education institutions under Office of the Higher Education Commission’s jurisdiction,
2. Having Thai nationality,
3. Obtaining at least 2.75 GPA for undergraduate students and 3.25 GPA for graduate students,
4. Proficiency in language used as the medium of instruction is required by one of the following tests,
– TOEFL score at least 213 (computer-based) or 550 (paper-based) or 79 – 80
– IELTS score at least 6.0
– D.E.L.F. or D.A.L.F at least level B2
The language proficiency test result must be no more than two years olds as of
the test date.
5. Not having applied for or being the awardee of other scholarships,
6. Being able to join the programme throughout the whole period,
7. Submitting a report and a study record showing the learning outcomes gained from the host university to Office of the Higher Education Commission within 30 days upon completion of the programme.
– European students: 1.Being an undergraduate or graduate student in European Union higher education institutions accredited by responsible agencies in their respective countries,
2. Having EU nationality,
3. Obtaining GPA at satisfactory level in the ECTS system (70% of subjects taken are graded B for graduate students, and 70% of subjects taken are graded C for undergraduate students.),
4.Not having applied for or being the awardee of other scholarships,
5.Being able to join the programme throughout the whole period,
6. Submitting a report and a study record showing the learning outcomes gained from the host university to the Office of the Higher Education Commission within 30 days upon completion of the programme.
-Remark: All students applying this programme should retain “student status” until they complete the exchanges. The awardees of DUO-Thailand who have been selected to join the programme will not be eligible to apply for 2014 DUO-Thailand Fellowship Programme.
- Eligibility for Universities: Eligible universities for the 2014 DUO-Thailand Fellowship Programme should abide by the following obligations:
-The home university must permit its students to participate in an exchange all through the duration of the programme: 1 semester but not more than 4 months.
-Home and host universities should have an agreement at the institutional level whereby credits for study undertaken while on exchange are to be accepted by the home university.
-A home or host university already having an agreement with its partner institution will be given first priority while that aiming to utilize student exchange to pave the way for developing an agreement with its partner institution will be given second priority.
-The host university should be willing to receive DUO-Thailand exchange students from its partner institution and is expected to waive tuition fees for the exchange students.
-One end of exchange is anchored to Thai.
- About the nationality:-
The students of Thailand can submit an application for this fellowship.
- About the awards:-
Number: – 1 semester but not more than 4 months.
It covers For Thai students 1,200 Euro per month and for European students 800 Euro per month. Office of the Higher Education Commission, Ministry of Education, and Thailand will pay the scholarships to Thai partner universities. The selected students from European Union universities will receive the fund upon their arrival to Thai partner universities. Transfer of the fund will be made upon the receipt of the information on the exact dates of the exchange of the awardees. The home and host institutions are requested to keep all the documents related to the awardees’ expenses for future inspection. There are no restrictions in using the scholarships. They can finance the tuition, living, or travel expenses.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
Applications should be submitted in hard copy via post. Applications should be submitted in hard copy with the signatures of the responsible persons at host and home institutions. Office of the Higher Education Commission reserves the right to refuse documents submitted via fax and e-mail. The completed application form and supporting documents must be submitted to a Thai partner university prior to the time limit. Failure to submit a complete application makes an applicant ineligible. The application form should be completed in English and be submitted together with the following documents:
-Official letter from university (signed by the president or authorized body)
-A completed application form
-A copy of transcript/study record
As for European students, a copy of transcript/study record should be translated in English and GPA has to be converted to ECTS system (A,B,C,D)
-A copy of the TOEFL, IELTS test result (For Thai student applicant)
-A copy of the Record of DUO-Thailand Study Programme
-A copy of the letter of acceptance from the host university
Application period is until 30th August 2013.
Note: In case that the exchange student fails to take part throughout the whole period of the exchange, the whole amount of the grant must be returned to Office of the Higher Education Commission within 15 days. After the exchange student completes the exchange programme, the student is requested to notify Office of the Higher Education Commission for further arrangement.