The prestigious “King’s College London and Abbey National plc, the UK subsidiary of Banco Santander, have signed a three-year agreement to set up scholarships and sustain research and international association in the area of Iberian and Latin-American Studies. The aim of the agreement is to tender an enhanced and improved level of the assistance to the students and the researchers, permitting the expansion of new educational and research projects under the ‘Santander Universities’ Global Division banner.
This time the provider is tendering the mentioned grant for pursuing Postgraduate degree level in all courses offered by the University.
Up to five no of offers are tendered and can be taken at UK.
- About the eligibility:-
- -Be due to commence a full-time postgraduate Masters programme at King’s College London during the 2013/14 academic year;
- -At the time of application, be permanent residents of one of the following countries: Argentina; Brazil; Chile; Colombia; Mexico; Peru; Portugal; Puerto Rico; Spain; Uruguay; Venezuela;
- -Be domiciled within one of the following countries for at least 3 years prior to the start of the programme, for purposes other than education: Argentina; Brazil; Chile; Colombia; Mexico; Peru; Portugal; Puerto Rico; Spain; Uruguay; Venezuela;
- -Complete and submit the required application documentation by the stated funding deadline (see below);
- -Fulfill the relevant academic and English proficiency entry requirements set by King’s College London.
- About the nationality:-
The students of following countries can take the benefit of the scholarship:
Venezuela, Uruguay, United States, United Arab Emirates, Spain, Singapore, Russian Federation, Puerto Rico, Portugal, Poland, Peru, Mexico, Korea, Republic of, Ghana, Germany, Colombia, China, Chile, Brazil, Belgium, Argentina.
- About the awards:-
- Up to five King’s Santander Masters Scholarship awards will be offered for the academic year 2013/14.
- Abbey-Santander Scholarships offer funds to students wishing to undertake a one-year full-time Taught Masters Programme at King’s College London.
- It covers £5000 one-off payment. The scholarships can be used to contribute towards tuition fees or living costs.
- Applicants will be judged against the following criteria:
-Academic merit / degree qualifications;
-Other awards, prizes, and/or professional qualifications achieved ;
-Strength of statement of justification;
-Applicant’s future plans, and what they plan to do with the postgraduate taught degree;
-Confirmation of other funds sought/secured, whether from other scholarships or family/self funds. Note that preference may be given to applicants who have already secured some ‘partial’ funding from alternative sources towards the cost of the postgraduate taught degree programme;
-Admissions status -preference may be given to those applicants who hold an offer of admissions by the point of selection;
-Preference may be given to students who have not previously undertaken a postgraduate degree programme .
- Eligible applicants who have been considered for the King’s Santander Masters Scholarship awards will be informed about the outcome of their application towards mid/end of May 2013.
- About the applying procedure and Deadline:-
Submit a Graduate School PGT online funding form. Note that this online funding application form should only be completed after an admissions application has been submitted to the College. The online funding form can be accessed at: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/sources/pgt-form.aspx
Students, who have already applied for admissions, and those who hold a place but deferred entry to 2013/14, will not be required to submit an admissions application again.
Failure to submit both application forms, as appropriate, by the application deadline will result in the application being ineligible.
Please be aware that applicants do not have to hold an admissions offer before submitting a PGT online funding form to the Graduate School.
The Graduate School PGT online funding form will cover a range of funding schemes, and applicants only need to submit the PGT online funding form ONCE to be considered for any of these schemes.
Applications may be submitted from 10-Dec-2012 until 01-Mar-2013.
For further information about the application and the scholarship please visit the link