This fellowship Program is provided by the Shuttleworth Foundation Trust and is for international fellows. The Foundation offers fellowships to individuals to implement their innovative idea for social change. Foundation is most interested in exceptional ideas at the intersection between openness, technology, knowledge and learning. Ideas that would really move the dial on access to global knowledge, social and economic development. The deserving applicants must be proficient in English. The benefit of this grant is to be taken by the nationals of any nationality. Fellows work from where they are, with an open door to visit the Foundation’s head office in Cape Town, South Africa.
- About the eligibility:-
Anyone who has an innovative idea for social change through fresh thinking that adds value in the areas of knowledge, learning and technology.
-Anyone who has a clear vision of how the world can be a better place and the contribution they can make to bringing about the change.
-The fellowship is not limited to any specific geographic location. However, applicants must be fluent in English.
-Fellowship applicants must have attained the age of majority by the date of application
- About the nationality:-
International applicants are qualified for this fellowship.
- About the awards:-
- One year, with the possibility of renewal, based on reapplication.
- The equivalent of a year’s salary, a contribution towards expenses plus access to a travel allowance. In addition, the Fellow will have access to potential project funding from the Foundation, who will match the Fellow’s personal investment in projects by at least ten fold. The total grant amount will be based on the Fellow’s qualifications, experience and comparable cost of time for their skill level.
- Fellowship applications are reviewed by the Shuttleworth Foundation management team and advisers. Shortlisted candidates are invited for interviews.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- The mode of applying is electronically.
- Applications for the 1 March fellowship intake closes 1 November. Applications for the 1 September fellowship intake closes 1 May. Applications are accepted throughout the year.