Offered by the US Embassy Rangoon the aforesaid Fulbright scholarships are for Burmese Citizens to pursue master’s degree at a university in the United States of America for the courses offered by the university at master’s level. It consists of tuition and related academic fees, a monthly stipend for room, board, incidental expenses and other related expenses. Recruitment will be through a merit-based, open competition and chosen based upon their leadership potential, academic excellence, maturity, ability to adjust successfully to life in the U.S., and potential to promote mutual understanding between the United States and the people of other countries.
Tender to Burmese citizens and can be taken at USA.
- About the eligibility:-
To be eligible, applicants:
- -must be Burmese citizens; individuals of other nationalities are not eligible to apply in Burma;
- -must hold a Bachelor’s degree;
- -must have a strong academic background and a record of excellence in previous studies;
- -must be proficient in English, with a minimum TOEFL score of 575 or an IELTS score of 6.5;
- -should have relevant degrees or professional experience in their proposed field of study;
- -should have little or no previous experience traveling or living in the United States;
- -should not have a degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program.
- About the nationality:-
Burmese citizens can submit an application for the scholarship.
- About the awards:-
- Fulbright Foreign Student scholarships provide tuition and related academic fees, a monthly stipend for room, board and incidental expenses, supplemental health and accident benefits, a book and equipment allowance, travel allowance, and the opportunity to attend Fulbright enrichment activities.
- Participants will be recruited through a merit-based, open competition and chosen based upon their leadership potential, academic excellence, maturity, ability to adjust successfully to life in the U.S., and potential to promote mutual understanding between the United States and the people of other countries.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- Completed applications should be returned to Fulbright Program Office in applicant’s country of citizenship as soon as possible. Upon receipt of your application from the Fulbright Program Office in your country of citizenship, The Institute of International Education (IIE) will make every effort to secure admission for you at a suitable educational institution and, if applicable, to arrange any necessary scholarship assistance. Applicant should not mail this form directly to any university in the United States.
- 2. The deadline for applications is July 3, 2013.
Note: All grantees are expected to return to their home countries for at least two years at the conclusion of their grant in compliance with the J-visa requirements.