Institute for Employment Research (IAB) of the German Federal Employment Agency (BA) is placing before graduate programme for German applicants in German. The fields of study under this programme are of social sciences and economics. Each graduate will be provided with a workplace at IAB. The programme is comprised of five partial tasks and is aimed at consolidating and extending theoretical, methodical and applied skills in the field of labour market research. The number of the grant is six each year and is of 1,000 Euros per month. In addition, a family allowance of 220 Euros per month can be drawn. Eligible candidates can lay hand over it at Germany.
- About the eligibility:-
They expect excellent academic qualifications, an especial interest in and enthusiasm for issues of the labour market and occupational research, and personal qualities that promise success in completing the programme. Preference will be given to dissertation proposals that would profit in a special way from being attached to IAB and from which IAB itself might profit in a special way. If the preparation of the project outline reveals the need for better knowledge of the IAB data resources there is the possibility to visit the IAB for conducting data research.
- About the nationality:-
The students of Germany can submit an application for the scholarships.
- About the awards:-
- Six scholarships are offered.
- The scholarship is granted for the period of a year. The maximum period of support is 3 years. Before each period of support comes to an end, an assessment will take place as to whether further support is justified. To this end, each scholarship holder submits an intermediate report each year documenting the extent to which the project has progressed, as well as specifying an updated schedule/further steps to be completed.
- The scholarship is 1,000 Euros per month. In addition, a family allowance of 220 Euros per month can be drawn if your spouse does not undertake more than marginal part-time work/a self-employed activity (Section 8 SGB IV) or if he/she is a single parent with custody for at least one child. Moreover, each participant gets a budget of 1,200 Euros for conferences and external courses.
- The selection commission will decide which applicants are to be invited to attend a personal interview and accordance with their written documents and personal presentation.
- Interviews will be held on November 29, 2013.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- The mode of applying is by post or email. Application documents must contain:
-The application form
-A complete, tabular CV
-Copies of school leaving certificates and certificates relating to vocational training and activities
-Copies of university certificates already attained
-A letter of reference from the professor supervising the dissertation with respect to personal and academic qualifications and the importance of the topic of the dissertation for labour market and occupational research. (If, at the time of application, the supervisory professor has not yet been selected, evidence of the personal and academic qualifications of the applicant should be provided by submitting other references and letters of recommendation.)
- The application deadline is 31st October 2013.