The citizens from those countries which have signed an agreement or which offer scholarship for Latvian students can apply for these Latvian Government scholarships provided by State Education Development Agency (VIAA). The scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate, master and PhD degree. The benefit of this fiscal aid can be taken by the nationals of the countries specified herewith and can be taken at Latvia. Scholarships for bachelor and master studies are granted for a time period up to 10 months (for PhD-students – up to 11 months). If a student wants to continue her/his studies in Latvia for one more year, she/he has to apply for the Latvian scholarship again. The Latvian scholarship can be awarded not more than two times to one individual.
- About the eligibility:-
Applications will be accepted from students who have successfully completed at least one academic year of studies (at their home HEI or in a Latvian HEI if they already have been studying in Latvia).
– Only citizens from countries which have signed an Agreement or offer scholarships for Latvian students can apply for the Latvian government scholarships.
- About the nationality:-
The students of Azerbaijan, Greece, Poland, Belgium (Flanders Community and French Community of Belgium), Hungary, Portugal, Bulgaria, Israel, Slovenia, China, Italy, Spain, Croatia, Republic of Korea, Turkey, Cyprus, Lithuania, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Mexico, Uzbekistan, Estonia, Moldova, Vietnam, Finland, Mongolia, France and Peru can submit an application for the scholarship.
- About the awards:-
Scholarships for bachelor and master studies are granted for a time period up to 10 months (for PhD-students – up to 11 months).
The amount of the Latvian scholarship for studies is: for bachelor and master students – LVL 350 per month; for PhD students – LVL 470 per month.
The list of accepted candidates will be published on the website of VIAA (English version) at the end of June 2013. All candidates will be informed personally about the results by e-mail.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
The mode of applying is by post. The following documents are necessary to apply for the Latvian scholarship for studies:
- -Application form:
- -Curriculum Vitae (applicants are asked to use the Europass CV form);
- -Motivation letter;
- -Certified photocopies of diplomas, including diploma supplements (shall be submitted if the candidate has completed previous studies) or a transcript of records (shall be submitted if studies are not finished yet);
- -At least one letter of recommendation by academic staff dated not earlier than six months prior to the date of submission of the application;
- -A letter of the relevant Latvian HEI confirming the possibility to study in the chosen study program (invitation letter). Please contact the International Relations Department/Unit or Foreign Students Department/Unit of the Latvian HEI directly; List of contact persons in the Latvian HEIs:
- -Certificate or other document certifying the language proficiency required for studies;
- -Copy of passport or identity card.
The application deadline for study and research stays is 1st May 2013
For further information about the application and the scholarship please visit the link