Department of History at RiceUniversity is granting to the International applicants a one year postdoctoral fellowship in Ottoman and/or modern Middle East history. In addition to research, the successful candidate is expected to teach 3 courses per academic year and participate in the intellectual life of the department and other units on campus. One fellowship is awarded for one year is renewable for a second year. The offer is obtainable at USA.
- About the eligibility:-
In order to be eligible, candidates must fulfill all of the eligibility criteria:
-Applicants must have a doctoral degree;
-Applicants cannot currently hold a permanent position as full professor, or the equivalent of the German venia legendi (“Habilitation”);
-Applicants must have already secured a research grant of at least 50,000 Euros or an equivalent amount of funding to be used for their research while at the Zukunftskolleg;
-Candidates with their own position funded by another program, which can be transferred to Konstanz, are also eligible;
-Applicants must propose a research project that ties in with a discipline represented at the University of Konstanz;
-Applicants must submit all required documents by the specified deadline, including two letters of reference;
- About the nationality:-
International applicants can submit an application for the fellowship.
- About the awards:-
- One fellowship is awarded.
- Fellowship is awarded for one year. This fellowship is renewable for a second year upon successful completion of the first year.
- S/he will receive a stipend of $50,000 plus benefits, a research and relocation fund of $2,000 in the first year, and a research fund of $750 in the second year. Applicants must have received their Ph.D. within the last five years or at the latest by 1 July 2014.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- Only electronic applications will be accepted, on the Rice University RICEWorks website and attach a letter of application and CV to the respective tabs, as well as a 1,000-word research statement, list of proposed courses and the names of three references to the Other tab. Referees should submit their letters directly to the History department at hist-at-rice.edu or by post.
- The deadline for applications is 1 January 2014.
For detailed information about the application and the scholarships please visit the link