The monetary aid which is being tendered under the title “Mutual of Omaha Actuarial Scholarship for Minority Students” is tendered for pursuing an actuarial or mathematics-related degree, with the goal of pursuing an actuarial career. This grant is tendered by “Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company” and open to nationals of USA (African American, Hispanic, Native American, Asian or Pacific Islander, Alaskan Eskimo, or other) and to be taken at USA.
- About the eligibility:-
- -A member of one of the following minority groups: African American, Hispanic, Native American, Asian or Pacific Islander, Alaskan Eskimo, or other
- -Must be one of the following: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Recipient of Asylee or Refugee Status by the Department of Homeland Security
- -U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service; Temporary Resident Under 1986 Amnesty Programs.
- -Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student (must have successfully completed 24 semester hours, of which 18 must be graded hours).
- -Pursuing an actuarial or mathematics-related degree, with the goal of pursuing an actuarial career.
- -Scholastic achievement in undergraduate program (minimum 3.0 GPA).
- -Passed at least one actuarial exam.
- -If selected, must complete one summer internship at Mutual of Omaha’s Home Office in Omaha, Neb. The internship is to be completed during the summer prior to the academic year in which the funds are awarded. Mutual of Omaha’s Actuarial interns enjoy: paid housing; a competitive hourly rate of pay; financial incentives for successful exam results received during the internship period; and the opportunity to participate in a variety of company-sponsored activities throughout the summer.
- -Interns typically have actuarial exposure in two different business units.
- About the nationality:-
The students of USA (African American, Hispanic, Native American, Asian or Pacific Islander, Alaskan Eskimo, or other) can submit an application for this scholarship.
- About the awards:-
The $5,000 award, which is paid in equal installments during the school year ($2,500 per semester), is contingent upon the recipient’s continued satisfactory preparation for an actuarial career.
It is anticipated that scholarship winners will be selected and announced by Mutual of Omaha no later than November 30 each year. Finalists may be asked to interview at Mutual of Omaha.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
The mode of applying is by post. All forms received by Mutual of Omaha by October 20 will receive preference. Completed Recommendation Form should be mailed directly to Mutual of Omaha by the nominator. Recommendation Form should not be sent along with the student’s application documents and must be in a sealed envelope initialed by the nominator.
Applications must be received by October 20.