Academic research fellowships are being tendered by the Leverhulme Trust for UK applicants at one or more research centres outside the UK. It provides established researchers with a concentrated period based in one or more research centres outside the UK and has the aim to provide opportunities to develop new knowledge, skills and ideas, and perhaps to prepare the ground for future international collaboration of all kinds. The number of the grants is fifteen tenable for between three and 12 months. It is worth of £30,000 in total.
- About the eligibility:-
Candidates must hold an established post in UK institutions of higher education, museums or art galleries, or comparable institutions, and have held such a post in the UK for at least the last five years. Candidates who have previously held a Study Abroad Fellowship may apply for an International Academic Fellowship, but at least seven years should have elapsed since the previous grant. Applicants who have previously held a Research Fellowship are eligible to apply if at least three years have elapsed between their application for the Research Fellowship and the International Academic Fellowship. Those who are registered or intending to register for, or waiting to have work examined for degrees, doctoral studies, professional or vocational qualifications (whether or not connected with the application being submitted for consideration) are not eligible.
- About the nationality:-
The students of UK can submit an application for the fellowship.
- About the awards:-
- Approximately 15 Fellowships are available in 2014.
- International Academic Fellowships are tenable for between three and 12 months and must be started between 1 June 2014 and 1 May 2015.
- The maximum value of an International Academic Fellowship is £30,000 in total.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- The mode of applying is online. Your application must be approved by an Administrative Officer on behalf of your employing institution. This officer (institutional approver) will be asked to confirm, on behalf of your department and institution that:
- -You will be granted the period and proportion of time requested in the Duration and Timing section;
- -If replacement costs are requested, you will be in receipt of your normal salary during tenure of the award and the institution will provide such cover as set out in the Finance section;
- -If research expenses are sought, this request has the support of the head of department/school and institution.
- Therefore you must ensure that your head of department is in full agreement with all of the content of your application before you submit this for institutional approval. It is your responsibility to ensure that you complete your application in time for your institution to process it and that the details are all correct (particularly the financial ones). The Trust strongly recommends that you submit your application for institutional approval at least five working days.
- 2. The application deadline is 7th November 2013.