Bernard Osher Foundation is providing these scholarships which are available for pursuing undergraduate degree level at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte in any of the courses offered by the University. Awards are made to ensure greater scholarship support for students who desire to resume their undergraduate studies to complete their degree. It is intended to benefit students who have considerable years of employability ahead of them. The benefit of this grant can be taken by the students of the USA and that at USA.
- About the eligibility:-
All Osher Reentry Scholarship applicants must meet the criteria listed below:
-Have experienced a cumulative gap in their education of five or more years
-Be enrolled full (12 hours or more) or part-time at UNC Charlotte (a minimum of 6 hours)
-Be a UNC Charlotte undergraduate pursuing a first baccalaureate degree
-Demonstrate financial need
-Show academic promise and commitment to obtaining a degree
-Anticipate workforce participation for a significant period of time subsequent to graduation; ideally be 25-50 years old
- About the nationality:-
The students of the USA can apply for these scholarships (It is not intended for students who are exclusively enrolled in online courses or for international students who are visiting the United States with the intention of returning to their countries of origin after graduation).
- About the awards:-
- Newly matriculating students would have started classes the previous fall (2012) or later. This grant is not intended for graduate students or students seeking an additional degree. It is not intended for students who are exclusively enrolled in online courses or for international students who are visiting the United States with the intention of returning to their countries of origin after graduation.
- Preference will be given to newly matriculating students.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- The mode of applying is by post.
- The application deadline is September 6, 2013.