Announcing PhD position in the field of advanced microscopy for applicants from Netherlands. The program is announced by the Faculty of Science–Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences at University of Amsterdam. Applicants applying for the position will receive a salary of €2.062 to €2.664 gross per month based on a full-time appointment (38 hours per week). Applicant applying for the position should have a background in electrical/computer engineering. The benefit can be taken at Netherlands.
- About the eligibility:-
University is looking for a motivated candidate with a background in electrical/computer engineering. In-depth knowledge about and experience with programming Xilinx FPGA’s is mandatory as well as a good understanding of high-speed analog signal acquisition and processing. The candidate should have affection with biological research and advanced microscopy.
- About the nationality:-
The applicants from Netherlands can submit an application for the position.
- About the awards:-
- The appointment will be on a temporary basis for a period of 4 years (initial appointment will be for a period of 18 months and after satisfactory evaluation it can be extended for a total duration of 4 years) and should lead to a dissertation (PhD thesis). An educational plan will be drafted that includes attendance of courses and (international) meetings. The PhD student is also expected to assist in teaching of undergraduates.
- Based on a full-time appointment (38 hours per week) the gross monthly salary will range from €2.062 in the first year to €2.664 in the last year. The Collective Employment Agreement (CAO) of the Dutch Universities is applicable.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- Applications may only be submitted electronically or by sending your application to application-science-at-uva.nl.
- The last date to submit the form is April 15, 2013.