Puggy Hunter Scholarship is awarded by Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing , this scholarship scheme which is for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander undergraduate students in health-related disciplines to complete their studies and join the health workforce. It make available fiscal aid to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are intending to enroll or are enrolled in an entry level course in an eligible health related profession at an Australian educational institution. It is obtainable at Australia.
- About the eligibility:-
Funding under this scheme is available for applicants who meet the following criteria:
-Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
-intending to enroll or are already enrolled in an entry level health course
-intending to study in 2014.
Please note, scholarships are very competitive and there may be more applications than the available scholarships. Therefore, not all eligible applicants will receive a scholarship.
- Puggy Hunter Scholarship the nationality criteria :-
The students of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander can apply for these scholarships.
- Puggy Hunter Scholarship awards value amount –
- The Puggy Hunter Scholarship will be paid fortnightly for the normal duration of your course.
- Full time scholarship awardees will receive up to $15,000 per year. Part time scholarship awardees will receive up to $7,500 per year. The scholarship will be paid fortnightly for the normal duration of your course.
- These are competitive scholarships and will be awarded on the recommendation of a selection committee whose assessment will be based on how you address the following questions:
– Discuss your commitment to becoming a health professional.
– Discuss what you hope to accomplish as a health professional in the next 5-10 years.
– Demonstrate how this scholarship will assist you in achieving your goals.
ELIGIBLE HEALTH AREAS
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander health work
Allied health (excluding pharmacy)
Dentistry/oral health (excluding dental assistants)
Direct entry midwifery
Nursing; registered and enrolled
About the applying procedure and the Deadline Puggy Hunter Scholarship:-
- The mode of applying is online and post.
- The application deadline is normally in September month for more information please visit official website for 2018 deadline
Puggy Hunter Scholarship SELECTION CRITERIA
These are competitive scholarships and will be awarded on the recommendation of the independent selection committee whose assessment will be based on how applicants address the following questions:
- Describe what has been your driving influence/motivation in wanting to become a health professional in your chosen area.
- Discuss what you hope to accomplish as a health professional in the next 5-10 years.
- Discuss your commitment to study in your chosen course.
- Outline your involvement in community activities, including promoting the health and well-being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The scholarships are funded by the Australian Government, Department of Health and administered by the Australian College of Nursing. The scheme was established in recognition of Dr Arnold ‘Puggy’ Hunter’s significant contribution to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and his role as Chair of the National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation.
For detailed information about Puggy Hunter Scholarship the application and the scholarships form please visit the link http://www.acn.edu.au/phmss