The aim of the scholarships providers is that to build capacity in areas where its host countries experience significant skills gaps, especially, but not exclusively, around their oil and gas industries. The Scheme is aligned with Tallow’s aim of sustaining durable socio-economic development in countries where it operates.
Subject(s) of study: Vast coverage of the scholarship regarding the subjects is that it is including study of:-
Archaeology, Business Journalism, Engineering and technology, Environment and Geosciences, Law and legal courses, Logistics and Supply Chain, Oil and Gas Economics and other applied sciences apart from medicine.
Level of the scholarship: Offered for pursuing postgraduate degree level.
Provider of the scholarship: Tullow Group and British Council
Place of laying hold of the scholarship: UK, Ireland and France (Europe)
Eligibility criteria: With a view of getting the nod one must:-
- -Be a citizen and legally inhabitant in participating country;
- -Have a minimum of a bachelor degree or Licence (second class lower or better) or an HND (second class upper or better);
- -Be inhabitant in participating country at the time of application;
- -Have work experience with a highest achievement of success in their field of endeavor
- -Have not formerly studied abroad or received an international scholarship
- -Have a strong personality as well as ambition, entrepreneurial and creative spirit and leadership skills;
- -exhibit obligation to return to their country and to make a contribution to its future development; and
- -exhibit a high level of competence in management, strategy and ability to train and develop others
International status: Following countries students can submit an applications for the grant:-
Congo Brazzaville, Cote D’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritania, Suriname, Uganda and Uruguay
Coverage of scholarship: Following things are offered underneath the scholarship:-
-full tuition fees;
-a monthly earnings;
-warm clothing; and
-The cost of the package per scholar is in the region of $60,000 per annum and the total cost of the Scheme in 2012 was in surplus of $6m.
Notification: The scholarship course will take just about 6 months. The applicant will be sent a preliminary email accepting the application and a further email, within 6 weeks, with information on the subject of the application.
Applying procedure: Apply online.
Deadline for entertaining: 13th February 2013.
For more info regarding scholarship/application please follow the link