Oakland University is accepting applications for its undergraduate degree program i.e Oakland University Scholarship Program. University also offers scholarships to freshmen who are “Legacy students” (whose grandparents, parents, sibling, aunt or uncle received a degree or academic certificate from University). The award is also based on academic record, which includes GPA and ACT score during the time of application.
If you are a freshmen student your application will be accepted through a merit-based system. If you belong to International students category then you have to submit your application through Online method 12 months before you want to begin your classes.
The scholarship will be awarded for four years to freshmen and two years for transfer applicants.
Oakland University Scholarship International application deadlines for 2017:
- January 1 for summer admission
- May 1 for fall admission
- September 1 for winter admission
Documents required for Oakland University Scholarship:
- English language proficiency certificate
- Notarized bank statement and affidavit of financial support
- International university transcripts
- a copy of your current visa
- permanent resident card
- employment authorization document to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Oakland University Scholarship offered in fields like:
- Arts and Sciences: The Arts and Sciences is a combination of 16 departments i.e humanities, social sciences, visual and performing arts, and mathematical and laboratory sciences and much more.
- Business: The business school of Oakland offers nine undergraduate business majors and 11 minors, four master’s degree programs, and a wealth of graduate certificates. To apply for Masters of Accounting you must hold:1- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from recognised University
2- The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Education and Human Services: This program offers excellence in Education and Human Services through clinical practice, interdisciplinary, innovative and international curricula, teaching, community engagement, individual and collaborative research.
- Engineering: This program offers you the opportunity to get admission in departments such as Electrical and Computer Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and omputer Science and Engineering. You can get specialised in any of the above-mentioned programs according to your choice.
- Health Sciences: Main Areas of study under Health Sciences covers Interdisciplinary Health Sciences, Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences, Human Movement Science and Public and Environmental Wellness
- Medicine: The Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine wants to enhance skills of students by using skilful, ethical and dynamic ways. The main goal of this program is to make students innovative, professional, excellent etc. The aim of this program is to:1-Take care of the patient by achieving excellence in medical education
2- Make students faithful in their duties which help to serve the community in a better way.
- Nursing: School of Nursing offers students best nursing practice, education research to optimise the health of the public in diverse ever-changing society. You can apply for The baccalaureate degree in nursing/master’s degree in nursing and Doctor of Nursing Practice at Oakland University.
How to apply for Oakland University Scholarship (OUS)?
- Oakland University provides you Online application process for undergraduate or graduate program. You have to click apply now the window will appear on your screen.
- Links will be provided ie apply now for Undergraduate and apply now for Graduate.
- Oakland Universty SAIL system will be opened in front of your screen.
- You have to get login to submit your online application form.
Eligibility Criteria for Freshmen:
- Talented scholar award: This award is being awarded to entering freshmen with a high school GPA of 3.70-3.79 and an ACT composite score of 27 or higher or with a high school GPA of 3.80 or higher and an ACT composite score equal to 25 or 26.
- University Recognition award: If you are freshmen with a high school GPA of 3.40-3.49 and an ACT composite score of 23 or higher, OR with a high school GPA of 3.40 or higher and ACT composite score equal to 23 can apply for this award.
- Non-Resident award: You must have scored high school GPA of 3.0 or higher who are not Michigan residents and allows them to pay in-state tuition rates. If you are Citizens of Canada and Mexico then also you can qualify. Please note that award recipients must live in university housing for their first two years.
- Presidential scholar award: This award is offered to those with a high school GPA of 3.90 or higher and an ACT composite score of 31 or higher
- Distinguished Scholar Award: University offers this award to entering freshmen with a high school GPA of 3.80-3.89 and an ACT composite score of 27 or higher, OR high school GPA of 3.90 or higher and an ACT composite score of 27-30.
Eligibility Criteria for Merit Scholarships (For Transfers):
- Legacy transfer Award: This award is being given to students with a college GPA of 3.0 or higher, 24 or more transferable credits and have at least two years remaining in their undergraduate program. Please note that applicants must have earned 24 transferable credits.
- Non-resident Award: Awarded to those applicants who have college GPA of 3.0 or higher and 24 or more transferable credits who are not Michigan residents and allows them to pay in-state tuition rates. If you are citizens of Canada and Mexico you also qualify.
- Awards offered by University are based upon academic record, including GPA and ACT score at the time of application.
For further enquiries, keep visiting our blog scholarship scholarshipbag.com