The grants are provided by the Faculty of Forestry and Nature Conservation of the Sokoine University of Agriculture, in collaboration with the University of Copenhagen, Denmark which are inviting submissions for 2 PhD scholarships related to the Danida financed project ‘Science and Power in Participatory Forestry’ (SCIFOR). Scholarship is awarded in ‘Forest management planning, participation, and power in participatory forest management and forest management planning and conservation in participatory forest management. It is only for the citizens of Tanzania and is tenable at Tanzania and Denmark.
- About the eligibility:-
-Only Tanzanian nationals can apply. An MSc/MA degree must have been completed at the time of application in Tanzania or abroad.
-The recipients of the PhD scholarships will be enrolled at Faculty of Forestry and Nature Conservation, Sokoine University of Agriculture and Department of Food and Resource Economics, University of Copenhagen, with a possibility of obtaining a double degree given that all requirements are met.
-The PhD scholarships come with an attractive salary and benefits package.
– The PhD scholarships involve two study stays, including course work, at the University of Copenhagen at the end of 2014 and in early 2017.
-The recipients of scholarships are expected to commit full time to the PhD study for the entire three year period.
- About the nationality:-
Citizens of Tanzania can apply for this PhD scholarship.
- About the awards:-
- 2 PhD scholarships are offered.
- The scholarships are of three years duration, and will commence on July 1, 2014.
- The PhD scholarships come with an attractive salary and benefits package.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- The mode of applying is electronically.
- Deadline for application January 10, 2014 at 10.00 AM East Africa Time
For detailed information about the application and the scholarships please visit the link