This SIA Youth scholarship is for Indian students offered for pursuing Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE ‘A’) Level (or equivalent) certificate and provided by Ministry of Education, Singapore. The duration of the scholarship is two years of Pre-University studies in selected Singapore Junior Colleges and is renewed annually subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar. It is to be taken at Singapore.
- About the eligibility:-
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
-Nationals of India
-Born between 1995 and 1997
-Completed Standard 10 in the Year 2013
-Possess outstanding academic track record (at least an average of 85% / minimum ‘A’ with English as first language in the Standard 10 State/National examinations)
- About the nationality:-
The students of India can submit an application for this scholarship.
- About the awards:-
- The Scholarship is for 2 years of Pre-University studies in selected Singapore Junior Colleges and is renewed annually subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
-Annual allowance of S$2,400 with hostel accommodation
-Settling-in allowance of S$500 (once only)
-Return economy class air passage
-Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
-Coverage of GCE ‘A’ Level examination fees (once only)
-Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover.
- Candidates short-listed for the selection test/interview will be notified a week before the selection test/interview dates. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- There are 2 modes of application — online or hardcopy application. Each applicant should submit only ONE application and the online mode is recommended. Please do not send in a hardcopy application if you have already applied for the scholarship online and vice versa.
- The application deadline is 14 July 2013