King’s College at University of Cambridge tenders to students of UK these Stipendiary Junior Research Fellowships. The grants are for pursuing research degree program in the field of Chemistry, including Chemical Engineering, History, Politics and Culture of the Modern Middle East and Politics and International Relations at King’s College, Cambridge. In addition to pursuing research, a Junior Research Fellow is required to live in Cambridge or close by and to participate in College life and activity. The stipend attached to a Junior Research Fellowship is £19,510 – £25,110, according to age and academic qualification. It is to be taken at UK.
- About the eligibility:-
Graduates of any university are eligible. Candidates will usually have completed their PhD and must not have undertaken more than 2 years of postdoctoral work by 1st October 2014 (i.e. your PhD cannot have been granted before 30th September 2012).
- About the nationality:-
Students of UK can submit an application for these scholarships.
- About the awards:-
- The Fellowship will begin on 1 October 2014 and will run until 30 September 2018.
- The Junior Research Fellows are members of the Governing Body, with full privileges of Fellows. Privileges include all meals, limited financial support for expenses associated with research, the possibility of an office and accommodation in College properties. Although these are research posts, teaching is likely to be made available if desired. The stipend attached to a Junior Research Fellowship is £19,510 – £25,110, according to age and academic qualification. Additional payment is made for teaching. A successful candidate travelling from outside the UK to take up a Fellowship may claim travel and removal expenses up to a level agreed in advance with the Bursar of the College.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview early in January 2013; interview dates are set for 9, 10 and 15 January 2013.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- The mode of applying is by post and electronically.
- The closing date for application is 15 September 2013.