The aforementioned STARS scheme has up to now supported numerous Olympians and over 100 athletes with world and national rankings since its commencement in 1996 and presently encourages a wide range of athletes in their quest for sporting success, such as five students who competed at the Beijing Olympics in various disciplines. The scheme is for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate degree level in the courses offered by the university at respective level. Under it 25 scholarships of up to £1,000 per year are offered. It is offered to benefit the students of UK and also to be taken at UK.
- About the eligibility:-
These are eligible:-
All full-time undergraduate and postgraduate students who are either already attending the College, or who have applied for admission and been accepted onto a course at Royal Holloway. Applicants for the scheme must have an outstanding ability in a particular sport, being currently junior or senior international performers, or showing strong evidence of international potential. They must also make themselves available to represent the College and/or University of London in their sport.
- About the nationality:-
The students of UK can submit an application for this scholarship.
- About the awards:-
- Up to 25 scholarships are offered.
- The package offered is very generous and among a range of benefits include a bursary of up to £1,000 per year, a guaranteed self-catered accommodation place throughout study periods. An online application for accommodation must be made within the deadline specified. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the offer of accommodation, and free access to on campus sports facilities.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- 1. The application form must be submitted online.
- 2. Completed application forms must be received by no later than June 28, 2013.