The Embassy of the United States of America is at present accepting application for the 2014-2015 Fulbright Scholar Program which allows professors and Doctoral or PhD candidates to conduct research and/ or lecture at a University in the United States. The disciplines are Agriculture, Dance, Mathematics, American History, Economics, Medical Sciences, American Literature, Education, Music, American Studies, Engineering, Philosophy, Anthropology, Environmental Sciences, Physics/Astronomy, Archaeology, Film Studies, Political Science, Architecture, Geography, Psychology, Art, Geology, Public Administration, Art History, History (non-U.S.), Public/Global Health, Biological Sciences, Information Sciences, Religious Studies, Business Administration, Journalism, Social Work, Chemistry, Language/Literature, Law, Communications, Sociology, Theater, TEFL/Applied Linguistics, Computer Science, Library Science, Creative Writing, Linguistics and Urban Planning. Open to students of Albania and can be taken at USA.
- About the eligibility:-
Doctoral Degree or PhD candidates;
-Minimum of five years of teaching/research experience at an Albanian university
-Proficiency in English appropriate to the proposed research project to be carried out in the United States (minimum of 550 paper based TOEFL score)
-Demonstrated leadership and research skills, and a potential for advancement in their profession;
-Albanian citizenship and employment
-Age limit: 55
- About the nationality:-
The students of Albania can submit an application for the scholarship.
- About the awards:-
- Fellowships are generally awarded for three to six months at a university in the United States. Family members may be eligible to accompany scholars on a case by case basis. Scholars are required to return to Albania for at least two (2) years at the conclusion of their fellowship.
- The Fulbright Fellowship provides tuition, monthly maintenance allowance, a book and supplies allowance, and round trip international travel to the host institution. The Fulbright Grant is not renewable.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
Application forms for the Fulbright Scholar Fellowship are must be filled out electronically online at website. A complete application includes:
– Application form
– Detailed statement of proposed activity
– Detailed curriculum vitae
– Three references
– Xeroxed copy of passport
– Translated and xeroxed copy of diplomas (university, Master’s and Doctoral degree)
– Other certificates received
– Letter from employer confirming employment
– Letters of invitation or appointment from U.S. institutions (optional).
– Please be advised that after you submit the application on line, applicant should print out a copy and mail it with all the additional documents to the given address, postmarked no later than May 25, 2013.
Completed applications must be received in the system no later than May 25, 2013.