Talisman Energy Inc. presents scholarship program for young professionals in early or mid-career to practice postgraduate study at University of Alberta in Canada. Talisman Energy Inc. is a sovereign upstream oil and gas company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Talisman has operations in Canada and its secondary operates in the UK, Norway, Southeast Asia, North Africa and the United States. Talisman secondary are also active in a number of other international areas. Talisman has a well-built obligation to its stakeholders and to sustaining high standards of fineness in corporate citizenship and social and environmental responsibility, where on earth its business is conducted.
Subject(s) of study and Level of the scholarship: These Scholarships are for full-time postgraduate Master’s programs in Integrated Petroleum Geo sciences, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (focus on Geology), Physics (focus on Geophysics), Eng in Civil and Environmental Engineering (specialization in Petroleum Engineering, Structural Engineering, or Geo technical Engineering), Chemical and Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or MBA with specialization in Natural Resources, Energy and Environment.
Provider of the scholarship: Talisman Energy Inc.
Place of laying hold of the scholarship: Canada
Eligibility criteria: Vietnamese citizens who are presently living in Vietnam and not older than 35 years old are entitled for this scholarship
- -exhibit intellectual aptitude and headship potential;
- -meet minimum English language standards – IELTS band score 6.5 (with not less than 5.0 in any skill) or paper based TOEFL minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or a total score of 88 with a score of at least 20 on each of the individual skill areas (internet-based).
- -If you concern for MBA degree, in addition to the English Language skills evidence above, you need to make available either GMAT score minimum 600 (paper-based) or 100 (internet-based) with at least 20 on each of the individual skill area or GRE 1100 total (verbal 450 and quantitative 650) and will by and large be predictable to:
- -Have a good academic record. Only candidates with an “excellent” (gioi or xuat sac – 8.0+) or “good” (kha – 7.5+) first degree will be considered.
- -not previously have received or be at present in receipt of financial benefit from a previous Government-Funded Scholarship;
– not previously had the chance of studying in Canada or another developed country;
- -not previously been granted a university doctorate from another academic institution;
- -Industry knowledge would be a plus
International status: Students of Vietnam can apply
Award(s) offered: Two scholarships are obtainable.
Awards duration: Accessible for study of maximum two-year full-time postgraduate Master’s programs.
Coverage of scholarship: Each scholarship offers tuition fee at the U of A, an allowance to cover living costs (for one person only) for maximum two years and return air travel to Vietnam (the return flight must be taken within three weeks of finishing point of the program of study).
Criteria of selection: The information that the candidate give in the scholarship application form will be a main issue in determining the pick out for interview. The concluding pronouncement to make an award will be predisposed by candidate’s presentation in the interview.
Applying procedure: Apply by post.
Deadline for entertaining: Closing date of the submission of the application is April 30, 2013.