The present offer is made by GeorgeWashingtonUniversity titled as “Global Leaders fellowships” for pursuing graduate (master’s and doctoral) degree level. These Fellowships are awarded to highly qualified GW full-time graduate degree program seeking students who have gained admission to the University and whose program is on the main Foggy Bottom Campus. Students need to apply for admission separately through the online process. Three Global Leaders Fellowships are awarded which will cover up to full tuition and will be awarded for 2014-15. It can be taken at USA.
- About the eligibility:-
It is as follows:-
-Students holding a F-1 visa (J-1 visa is eligible for Fulbright applicants only) and who are from the following countries or regions (chosen based on protocol arrangements and areas of the world underrepresented at GW) are eligible to apply: China (PRC), Cambodia, Eastern Europe, Laos, Latin America, The Caribbean, Mongolia, Sub-Saharan Africa, U.S.S.R.SuccessorStates and Vietnam
-Graduate students (master’s and doctoral) from Foggy Bottom on campus programs in the following schools are eligible:
College of Professional Studies
Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
ElliottSchool of International Affairs
GraduateSchool of Education and Human Development
School of Business
School of Engineering and Applied Science
-Please note that permanent residents and U.S. Citizens are not eligible for this fellowship. Applicants must have a J-1 (F-1 visa for Fulbright applicants only), no exceptions.
-Fellowships are awarded to highly qualified GW full-time graduate degree program seeking students who have gained admission to the University and whose program is on the main Foggy Bottom Campus. Students need to apply for admission separately through the online process. No Fellowship applicants will be considered who have not completed the admissions application, including payment of their application fee. Fellows may hold a J-1 visa (other visas are not eligible. F-1 visas are eligible for Fulbright applicants only). As part of the admissions process, applicants must have passed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 600 on the paper-based exam or 100 on the internet based exam, or an IELTS overall band score of 7.0 (with no individual band below 6.0).
- About the nationality:-
The students of China (PRC), Cambodia, Eastern Europe, Laos, Latin America, The Caribbean, Mongolia, Sub-Saharan Africa, U.S.S.R.SuccessorStates and Vietnam can apply for these Fellowships.
- About the awards:-
- Three Global Leaders Fellowships are offered.
- Fellowships are renewable each year for a cumulative maximum of three years for Master’s candidates and up to five years for doctoral candidates.
- Three Global Leaders Fellowships, which will cover up to full tuition and will be awarded for 2014-15. The grantee is to provide funds from other sources for books, living, and other expenses, and must provide certification of this support. A Fellowship is renewable each year for a cumulative maximum of three years for Master’s candidates and up to five years for doctoral candidates. A grantee must submit renewal materials for the Fellowship each year; renewal is contingent upon the grantee’s grades (GPA of 3.0 or better). The Fellowship is valid for one degree only. Fellowships are for the fall and spring semesters. Awards for the summer sessions are by petition only and subject to available funding.
- Awards will not be announced until the end of April 2014.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- The following materials must be submitted for the application to be considered for the Global Leaders Fellowship:
-For both incoming and current students: A completed Global Leaders Fellowship application form.
-For both incoming and current students: An essay which includes your reasons for pursuing a graduate degree, your short- and long-term professional objective, and specifically, how obtaining a graduate degree at the George Washington University will be of benefit to your country. Include details on any relevant professional experience, research interests (if Ph.D. candidate), and future plans to return to your country upon receiving your GeorgeWashingtonUniversity graduate degree. This 500 to 1,000 word essay should be typed or printed in English. Additional paper may be attached. You need to submit your essay on the form supplied. Be sure to print or type and fill in every applicable blank.
-For incoming students only: a photocopy of the email confirmation you have received from the George Washington University confirming your application for admission must accompany your Global Leadership Program application. Incoming students who do not provide proof of having applied for admission to a GW degree program will not be considered for this fellowship. Applicants must apply online for admission separate from the Global Leaders application.
-For current students only: a current unofficial GW transcript.
- 2. The Global Leaders Fellowship application and supporting credentials must be received by the Office of Student Assistant-ships and Fellowship by 7 February 2014.