The offered International Research Grant are provided by the Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation with studies subjects such as Research activities of social, academic and international needs in the areas of humanities and social sciences which promote international understanding and developing personnel with international perspective, or which pertain to establishing international relationships, solving various issues existing between Japan and other countries; especially pioneering research based on creative ideas is welcomed. The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation funded grant one year from October 1, 2013 to September 30, 2014. Around 40 students/researchers will get grants. The maximum amount of grant per student/researcher is 500,000 yen. Application forms must reach the Foundation by May 17, 2013. The result of the decisions will be informed to the applicants by e-mail by the beginning of August, 2013. Open to international students and to be taken world wide.
- About the eligibility:-
-Students in doctoral course and researchers within five years after finishing doctoral course, who have not received grants from the foundation in the past.
-There are no restrictions based on nationality, affiliation, or area of residence.
- About the nationality:-
The international students can submit an application for the grants.
- About the awards:-
- Around 40 students/researchers will get grants.
- Term of grants shall be one year from October 1, 2013 to September 30, 2014.
- It cover:-
-The maximum amount of grant per student/researcher is 500,000 yen.
-The amount of each grant will be assessed by the content of each research project and the rationality of its budget.
Grants are for necessary expenses in carrying out and putting research plans in order, and expenses shall be itemized in accordance with List of Items of Expenditures in a separate page.
-The Applied amount and the itemized budget should always match with each other.
-Expenses required for printing reports, issuing publications, holding symposiums and attending international academic conferences for the purpose of opening the results of the research to the public shall not be included in the grants.
- Careful and fair screening will be conducted by the screening committee of the Foundation in late July, 2013. In screening, the following items are considered; In the areas of humanities and social sciences,
(1) Research which is in line with the objectives and activities of the Foundation,
(2) Research which is high in social and academic importance,
(3) Research which is creative and pioneering,
(4) Research which will be carried out by highly motivated and competent researchers and has excellent research plans and setups, and
(5) Research with rational and appropriate budgets.
- The result of the decisions will be informed to the applicants by e-mail by the beginning of August, 2013, but please understand that the Foundation will not respond to inquiries regarding reasons for the decision.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- -Please download and use the application forms posted on the website of the Foundation.
-Get the letter of recommendation
-Get your “Reference Number” by registering your application through the website.
Write down your Reference Number in the specified section in all the application forms.
Send the original documents to the Foundation by post. (We do not accept application by e-mail.)
-Please do not print on both sides of papers. (The document should be anopisthographic.)
- 2. Application forms must reach the Foundation by May 17, 2013.