The talk about program is tendered mutually by Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna and by University of Strasbourg, France. It a three-year program designed for highly qualified and motivated students who desire to get their hands on the research and analytical skills of the international scientific community in economics. Further it is thought-out for students in quest of jobs in academia as well as those who wish to get hold of the skills of professional academic research to work in government agencies, financial institutions, international agencies, private companies.
Under this program the applicants will be presented one year and a half of intensive course work by an international Faculty composed of both permanent staff of the School and a large group of Visiting Scholars, and will then proceed to supervised research work, yielding an original dissertation to be discussed in a final, public examination. It is anticipated that students will fabricate articles publishable in international journals.
- About the eligibility:-
The benefit of the program can be taken by:
Applicants of any nationality and must be holding a Master of Science (M.Sc.) or a Master of Arts (M.A.) or equivalent title.
Current undergraduate students who will be awarded such a degree before September 25, 2013, may also apply. In this case, a successful application will be conditional to the subsequent completion of the degree and the transmission to the School of adequate documentation, also in electronic form, no later than September 25, 2013.
Four positions with fellowships (amounting to € 12.500 per year + free meals at school’s canteen + Campus facilities) are offered every year. The School reserves the possibility of accepting up to a maximum of two further students whose financial support is provided by other institutions.
- About the nationality:-
Applicants of any nationality with a Master of Science or a Master of Arts equivalent title as well as to current undergraduate students who will be awarded such a degree before September 25, 2013
- About the awards:-
The scholarship amounts to € 12.500 per year + free meals at school’s canteen + Campus facilities
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
Candidates are requested to apply online by May 7, 2013 by 12.00 pm Italian time.
In case of problems with the online application, please contact Ph.D. Administration Office, e-mail:PhDEconomics@sssup.it).
– The copy of a valid identity document. Non-UE applicants will have to provide a photocopy of their passport;
– The complete Curriculum Vitae
– The academic record with the full list of courses and grades (in English, French or Italian);
– The copy of the Master thesis, when applicable (or a copy of its abstract in English or in French or in Italian), and a copy of any other publication that they deem suitable (works written in languages other than Italian, English, or French must be accompanied by a summary in one of the above languages);
– The copy of a Research Project, of no more than 2.000 words,
– At least two recommendation letters