Canadian and as well as internationals scholars are being offered with this Visiting Research Fellowships which is offered by Centre for Studies in Religion and Society, University of Victoria and in the field of ethics, health, law, environment, technology, government and public policy, human conflict, art, literature, the media and currents and debates in philosophy and the natural sciences. Four to six fellowships are offered annually. Ordinarily, fellows stay between 3 months to 12 months, but the centre will consider request for research terms of any length. It can be taken at Canada.
- About the eligibility:-
Canadian and international scholars; emeritus scholars; new scholars; scholars on sabbatical leave from their regular academic appointments.
- About the nationality:-
Canadian and International Scholars can submit an application for these scholarships.
- About the awards:-
- Four to six fellowships are offered annually. Ordinarily, fellows stay between 3 months to 12 months, but the centre will consider request for research terms of any length.
- Fellowships are of up to 12 months’ duration.
- This is a non-stipendiary appointment with no cash value. Private office space centrally located on the scenic University of Victoria campus; a congenial, retreat-like setting; university privileges; enhanced opportunities for research networking and exchange; participation in the centre’s wide range of scholarly and social activities.
- Selection is made the by CSRS Program Committee based on the academic merit of the proposal, the views of the referees and the recent scholarly activity of the candidate.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- Applicants can apply via e-mail or post. Applications should include 1 copy each of the following: (a) a descriptive title; (b) a detailed statement of the research proposal in a form that makes the applicant’s intentions fully understandable to experts in his or her own discipline (maximum 5 pages); (c) an up-to-date curriculum vitae; and d) the names and full addresses of two scholars who might evaluate the proposed project. The centre may also choose to solicit the opinions of other referees.
- 2. The application deadline is June 30 (for winter/spring arrival); January 31 (for summer/fall arrival).
For further information about the application and the scholarship please visit the link