This scholarship is funded by the Lloyds Register Foundation International Water Security Network and is available for pursuing PhD degree level in the field of Human Dimensions of Urban Water Security offered by the University of the West of England in UK. Further it is a part of an interdisciplinary research project involving three universities – UWE Bristol, Monash South Africa and the University of Arizona, USA, as well as a global network of partner institutions. Open to UK/EU and international students.
- About the eligibility:-
–Applicants must have a first class or upper second class honours degree in geography, sociology, economics, environmental science, transport studies or other relevant discipline.
-Candidates would normally be expected to hold a Masters degree in a relevant area by 1 September 2013.
-An understanding of how to work with both quantitative and qualitative data is preferred.
- About the nationality:-
UK/EU and international students can submit an application for the scholarships.
- About the awards:-
- One or more full-time PhD scholarships are offered.
- Scholarships are offered for three years.
- The scholarships consist of an annual maintenance bursary of £13,760, subject to satisfactory progress. In addition, full-time tuition fees will be covered for three years (Home/EU rates only). Overseas applicants will be required to cover the difference between the Home/EU and the overseas tuition fee rates (approximately £7,565 per annum).
- If students have not heard from us by 6 September 2013, they thank them for their application but do not wish to pursue it on this occasion.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- Download and complete the application form and send it via post. Applicants will need the following documents in order to complete their application:
-Research Degrees Enquiry Letter / Application Form for Research Degree Programmes
-Research Degree Application Reference Header Sheet
-Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
– (Application Guidance Notes)
Once we receive your application form along with ALL supporting documentation (references, certificates, transcripts etc) we can consider your complete application and submit it for assessment.
-Your application will be reviewed by panel members (from the specific Research area) who will explore your proposal and assess whether this fits with the available scholarship opportunities
-If your application is shortlisted you will be invited to attend an interview.
- 2. The application deadline is August 26, 2013.